Emergo Train System is used for:
- Education and training in emergency- and disaster medicine
- Education and training in command and control
- Testing preparedness and management of emergencies, major incidents and disasters
- Testing organizations. An example of a burn injury simulation can be viewed here
- Table top and surge capacity exercises
- Training and evaluation of individual roles and functions through out the response system
- Evaluation of patient outcome
- Data collection and research
Why use the Emergo Train System?
- ETS is doctrine free; it works in any organization or system
- ETS is used by health care organizations, rescue services, police forces, crisis support organizations, military organizations etc.
- ETS is a strong tool to help you simulate the process of emergency response
- ETS is easy to use; magnetic symbols on whiteboards visualize the complexity of resource utilization in any type of scenario
- ETS has a strong similarity to reality: participants interact with eachother
- ETS consists of > 1000 trauma patients and in-hospital patients: all can be evaluated according to an outcome
- ETS has a recognized high quality standard
- ETS has been developed within a non-profit organizational framework, owned by the Region Östergötland, supported by National Board of Health and Welfare, Sweden
- ETS is administrated by the KMC - Centre for Teaching & Research in Disaster Medicine and Traumatology, a national education and research centre with over 20 years experience in simulation exercises and simulation techniques
Emergo Train System® training material is translated and customised into several languages. Specific appearance of the symbols with regard to colour, text, shape of the symbols can be customized on request.
New training material is being developed continuously based on input from ETS instructors and faculties. For example, new training victim banks for penetrating trauma, bomb/blast trauma and pediatric trauma have recently been developed. All developments are based on scientific and evidence-based knowledge and practitioners' best practice.
The ETS Competence Center is responsible for the quality control of the Emergo Train System. The validation of the ETS takes place in close collaboration with Linköping University together with our international partner network. Read more about the ETS Competence center
Emergo Train System® is owned by Region Östergötland, Sweden, administered and developed by KMC - Centre for Teaching & Research in Disaster Medicine and Traumatology and the University of Linköping, Sweden.